Our Clients are both new and dynamically developing companies, operating in both Polish and international markets, particularly from the countries shown on the map.
Our consultants have a good command of foreign languages, particularly German and English, enabling them to provide the highest quality legal assistance to clients in international projects involving capital groups and holding companies as well as to foreign investors.
Competition and consumers protection
The Law Office RGW has wide experience in matters involving competition and consumer protection. Matters of this type have been handled by the Law Office since 2007. Partners in the Law Office have been dealing with such matters since at least 2002.
Matters have been handled involving:
- representation of a big tour operator in proceedings before the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection concerning a disputed pattern of agreement;
- representation of entrepreneurs in proceedings before the Court of Competition and Consumer Protection concerning disputed contractual clauses;
- representation of a foreign entrepreneur in chemical business in proceedings before the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection concerning monopolistic practices;
- representation of the biggest leasing companies in the world in proceedings before the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection concerning concentration control;
- representation of a number of entrepreneurs in building, recycling, real estate, logistics business in proceedings before the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer protection concerning concentration control.
Broadly understood economic law
Matters involving broadly understood economic law are among typical matters in the portfolio of the Law Office and have been handled by the Law Office since 2007 while experience of individual lawyers of its Team has been gained since at least 1997.
Only as an example, the following should be mentioned:
- legal consultancy in the area of the Polish, German and European environmental protection law, including EU directives and regulations on shipments of waste in the territory of the European Union;
- legal consultancy to the leading entrepreneurs in transportation and forwarding business in the area of the Polish, German and European transport law;
- legal consultancy to the biggest telecommunications companies in the area of modern technologies law;
- legal consultancy to companies in chemical and manufacturing business in the area of unfair competition law, including representation before law enforcement bodies and criminal courts as well as in civil law proceedings before district and appeals courts and the Supreme Court;
- legal consultancy to companies in medical and transportation business in the area of bankruptcy and composition law, including representation before common courts.
Transport and forwarding law
The Law Office RGW has wide experience in proceedings involving transport and forwarding law.
Proceedings on various levels are conducted for entrepreneurs involving transport and forwarding law:
- legal consultancy about costal transport in the Polish, German and European law, giving opinion on specific issues and representation in proceedings before the Road Transport Inspectorates;
- legal consultancy about tachographs according to the Polish, German and European law, including provisions of the Council Regulation (EEC) No. 3821/85 on recording equipment in road transport of 20 December 1985 as well as provisions of the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council (EC) on harmonization of certain social legislation relating to road transport and amending Council Regulations (EEC) No. 3821/85 and (EC) No. 2135 and repealing Council Regulation (EEC) No. 3820/85;
- legal consultancy about working hours of drivers according to the Polish, German and European law;
- legal consultancy about legislation relating to temporary employment, outsourcing, employment of foreign drivers from the states of the European Unions and from outside the European Union, work for subcontractors;
- legal consultancy about liability of entrepreneurs for damage in transport and forwarding;
- consultancy about international transport of waste taking account of provisions of the Regulation (EEC) No. 1013/2006 on shipments of waste;
- legal representation of entrepreneurs before the Provincial and Chief Road Transport Inspector;
- legal representation of Clients in court and administrative proceedings involving complaints of entrepreneurs about decisions of the Chief Road Transport Inspector.
The Law Office RGW has considerable experience in matters involving energy law and fuels sector.
Proceedings on various levels are being conducted for foreign entrepreneurs active in fuel industry:
- legal consultancy to foreign investors in renewable energy sector, in particular those involved in designing, building and exploiting wind farms;
- legal consultancy to foreign entities about bio-fuels.
- legal consultancy to entrepreneurs operating on the liquid fuels market, first of all giving opinion on investment projects, current legal consultations, law court’s aid, including aid before the Supreme Court.
Criminal economic law
The Law Office RGW has experience in matters involving criminal economic law. The Office has been handling cases of this type since 2008.
The following matters have been pursued:
- legal aid to entrepreneurs at the stage of preparatory and court proceedings involving infringement of copyrights and to the parties aggrieved by intellectual offences;
- legal aid to entrepreneurs in cases involving unfair competition;
- legal aid to the parties injured by business fraud;
- defence in all criminal cases, including cases prosecuted as fiscal offence and those prosecuted as petty offence.
Cases before the EU bodies
Cases before the EU bodies are among precedential cases. Partners in the Law Office have been handling such cases since 2005.
The Law Office RGW has experience in the following proceedings:
- proceedings before the European Commission concerning implementation of provisions of directives into the Polish legal system;
- proceedings before the European Commission concerning a dispute caused by a complaint against the Republic of Poland ended in initiation of committal proceedings;
- proceedings before the European Commission concerning protection of competition on a relevant market against dominating entities;
- proceedings before the European Commission concerning collusion of entrepreneurs restricting development of competition on a given market.